Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Technicians install, service and maintain refrigeration and air-conditioning systems. Other related jobs are Mechanical engineers, Electrical engineers, Electrical engineering technicians etc.
In New Zealand this field typically involves:
- advise clients on different refrigeration/air-conditioning systems
- install refrigeration/air-conditioning systems
- test, adjust and balance systems to make sure they work properly
- check refrigeration/air-conditioning systems for faults and repair them
- manage and supervise less experienced refrigeration/air-conditioning colleagues.
Share these jobs
HVAC & REFRIGERATION TECHNICIANS
Qualifications: Qualified Engineering Tradesperson
Experience: 3+ yrs experience in Residential & Commercial HVAC Services
Design, Installations, Repairs & Preventative Maintenance of Heat Pumps, Air Conditioning, Ventilation & Electrical Services
Design & installation of Commercial HVAC systems, Server & UPS Temperature & Humidity Control, Refrigeration Cool Rooms & Stores
New installations, Fuse board replacements to RCD protection, LED lighting upgrades, house re-wiring, Electrical Vehicle Charger Installations, Solar P.V installations
Design & Installations of Electrical Infrastructure Power & Small Power, lighting, Energy Savings
Repairs, Programmed Preventative Maintenance, Asset Management, 24/7 call-out service for Commercial & Industrial HVAC, Refrigeration & Electrical Building Services Assets
Requirements: Some roles require EWRB approval.
Location: North Island & South Island
Hours: Upon Application
Salary: Upon Application