Working With Employers
It is our goal to create positive relationships and not just fill vacancies.
About working with Us
New Zealand Skills in Demand is a candidate search company specialising in matching skilled immigrants from the United Kingdom, Ireland and the rest of the world to great New Zealand companies. We pride ourselves on our customer service to employers and understand that a successful search outcome doesn’t stop with an employment agreement being signed. It is our goal to ensure a long-term mutually beneficial outcome for employers and candidates alike.
New Zealand Skills in Demand understand that for your business to operate efficiently, you need access to the right candidate with the skills and competencies to match the needs of the role.
New Zealand Skills in Demand will be happy to bridge the skills gap between your business needs and qualified candidates from the United Kingdom, Ireland and the rest of the world.
Our aim is to provide an integrated end to end service for the attraction, recruitment, relocation and retention of skilled migrants within permanent accredited jobs in New Zealand.
New Zealand Skills in Demand, through its make-up, location and methodology is uniquely positioned to search and assist the employer to select international talent for their business. Our philosophy is not about throwing CV’s at employers. Our philosophy is to identify, place and retain the best international candidate into the right job.
New Zealand Skills in Demand”s recruitment, relocation, and retention methodology and process, available on request.
ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION
Skills in Demand is able to identify cost effective promotional activities to best leverage your job opportunities to potential overseas candidates. This service includes;
- Research, booking and placement of print and electronic advertising, and management of incoming applications in the UK and Ireland avoiding time zone issues.
- Representing your company at career expos including booking and manning of the expo site in the UK, Ireland and further afield if required.
- Hosting career seminars on your behalf.
If your firm is looking to recruit multiple roles it is strongly suggested that you contact Skills in Demand so that we can assist you to develop a cost effective promotional strategy.
We are not an immigration consultancy. We will work with all candidates regardless of the consultancy they have engaged, ensuring we maintain a broad candidate base for you to select from. We understand that many businesses will require a seamless service so we have developed a strategic partnership with a leading UK based immigration consultancy, Migration Associates.
Migration Associates is owned and run by a Cantabrian, who provides the benefits of having a UK strategic partner who understands New Zealand. A key benefit of the partnership for Skills in Demand is that we are actively referred candidates by Migration Associates.
Skills in Demand prides itself on being a specialist search firm for skilled candidates based in the UK and Ireland. We are not a full service HR and Recruitment firm. Should you require support in this area we have partnered with key New Zealand HR practitioners to assist. Our partners deliver excellent service to our clients in the following areas;
- HR law; employment agreements
- Remuneration advice
- Candidate interviews
- Reference and background checks
- Psychometric (personality and general reasoning)
- Immigration advice
New Zealand Skills in Demand understands that our job is not done simply when the employment agreement is signed. We will remain in touch with the employer as well as the candidate from the contract signing stage until at least 3 months into employment, to ensure that not only the employer and candidate settling into working in New Zealand but also the candidates family as well.
New Zealand Skills in Demand have developed an account managed service option for employers and candidates with a specific staff member being assigned to facilitate a smooth transition from the candidate’s country of origin to New Zealand.
This service includes:
- “Sign posting” to licensed immigration advice for visas as well permanent residency
- Assistance in opening bank accounts in New Zealand, prior to arrival in New Zealand
- Shipping, and removal needs (containers, pets etc.)
- Setting up a “commission free” money transfer account
- Introduction service to pre vetted and recommended service providers in New Zealand including; utility companies, insurance providers, accommodation and housing, telecommunications, vehicles and any other provides required. If we don’t have a service provider to meet the candidate’s requirements we will find one
- Assistance in identifying schools and educational facilities to meet family requirements
- Assistance in identifying lifestyle options to job opportunities – assistance in ensuring where you plan to live will meet your lifestyle requirements
- Introduction to relevant lifestyle, social and professional organisations; sports clubs