Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Technicians install, service and maintain refrigeration and air-conditioning systems. Other related jobs are Mechanical engineers, Electrical engineers, Electrical engineering technicians etc.
In New Zealand this field typically involves:
- advise clients on different refrigeration/air-conditioning systems
- install refrigeration/air-conditioning systems
- test, adjust and balance systems to make sure they work properly
- check refrigeration/air-conditioning systems for faults and repair them
- manage and supervise less experienced refrigeration/air-conditioning colleagues.